Erik Scott Jachode – 3D Artist & Animator
I am a graduate of Full Sail University in Orlando with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Animation and Design. I am seeking an employment opportunity in the field of 3D and/or 2D development & animation or multimedia design to benefit my personal growth and experience as a competitor in the industry. I am a diligent and dedicated artist who is passionate about all aspects of the production with high ambitions to eventually work with a team of professionals on larger and more dynamic CG projects than I could achieve alone. I would be a great asset to any firm as I am highly motivated and often obsessive about my work and the colorful nature of the field for which I am proud to be involved.
Education and Training
|Completion Date||Issuing Institution||Qualification||Course of Study|
|04/2007||Full Sail University||Bachelor’s Degree||Computer Design & Animation|
|Received degree in the Digital Fine Arts & Animation. This degree had extensive Multimedia training involved as well.|
|05/2005||Full Sail University||Associate’s Degree||Computer Animation & Digital Media|
|Received degree in Computer Design & Animation/Digital Media. Started supplemental degree the following term.|
|12/2004||University of Central Florida||Vocational School Certificate||Graphic Design & Animation|
|Attended various Graphic Design and Animation courses and workshops under accredited industry professionals.|
|2001||Central Virginia Community College||Vocational School Certificate||Cooperative Technical Education – Technical Arts|
|Received certification for the Cooperative Technical Education program. Studies focused primarily on Technical and Independent Arts.|
|2000||Heritage High School||High School Diploma||Advanced Curriculum/Honors Classes/Arts|
|Diploma in Advanced Studies, Curricular Arts Studies.|
11/2009 – 08/2010
|PRB Films||Forest, VA|
|Worked in house as Art Director alongside a small team of creative, multi-talented individuals in a fast paced, current event driven production studio. Developed visual concepts from written scripts, dialogue, and verbal dictations with the Project Directors while working directly with other artistic professionals to insure consistency in content, aesthetic, and quality standards. Produced designs, animations, motion graphics, editing and post-production for an array of products and collateral including print, web graphics & video, DVD menus & packaging, trailers/teasers, and documentary film…internationally distributed in association with the Christian Action Network.|
02/2009 – 11/2009
|CarbinTech, Incorporated||Evington, VA|
|Worked in house as Aesthetics Director with a small group of programmers for a modest advertising and multimedia development firm. Developed all visual and audio assets for various commercial interest projects including identity/logo design, print media & collateral, web sites, commercials for the web & television, and two full branding packages. Performed computer & workstation maintenance and repair duties, as well as active customer service responsibilities pertaining to sales, technical assistance, network solutions, and direct-to-client relations in order to insure the highest level of project satisfaction.|
|Multimedia Artist & Animator|
09/2007 – 01/2009
|Blair Marketing||Lynchburg, VA|
|Completed various contracted projects regarding design, animation, simulation and visualization for a local marketing and communications firm.|
01/2002 – 04/2007
|Virus Removal Plus||Orlando, FL|
|Computer sales, service, and repair. Simple to complex service and repair for home and production systems and workstations. Small network solutions and service. General customer support and satisfaction assurance.|
• Advanced competency working in various industry standard digital design and animation packages including Autodesk’s Maya, Mudbox, and 3D Studio Max; Newtek Lightwave 3D; Pixlogic ZBrush 2.0 & 3.0; Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, and Fireworks; compositing software Shake.
• Advanced competency working in video editing and production software packages including Adobe’s Premiere, After Effects, Encore, and Apple’s Final Cut Pro and Motion. Working familiarity with the Avid Media Studio packages, versions 2.0 & 3.0.
• Proficient in working with many administrative software packages including but not limited to Microsoft’s Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Adobe Acrobat.
• Advanced competency in the structure, efficiency and maintenance of the PC operating system Microsoft Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (64-bit architectures included).
• Proficient in working with the Macintosh OS X operating system and Apple workstations.
• Proficient on various Linux based visual workstations in a production pipeline format.
• Advanced competency in the breakdown, maintenance and repair of intermediate to complex PC hardware components, systems and workstations.
• 20 years’ experience in traditional art mediums including sculpting (clay, plaster, sculpey, fema), painting (oil, acrylic, watercolor, poster, scratch), and drawing (graphite, charcoal, pen and ink).
• 15 years of specific focus on the field of digital arts & animation (2D/3D).
• Consistent typing at 75-80 words per minute.
• Highly organized, punctual, and independent.
References available upon request…